In 2002, TAFSD established a “Kuan Chen Memorial Fund” and began to grant a $2000 cash award annually to a deserving special mother in the Greater San Diego area. The recipient of the Award will be honored at the 2007 Mother’s Day celebration. The selection criteria are as follows:
1) Must be female who has children of her own or has played a mother’s role in a family.
2) Must have such remarkable achievements as a mother that she is easily recognized as a role model for other mothers.
3) Must be of Taiwanese descent.
4) Must be a resident in Greater San Diego.
5) Must have two letters of recommendation.
2014 Mother of the Year was awarded to Ms. Yii-Tzu Lin